Daily home deliveries have become routine for countless people due to the emergence of online shopping. You love the benefit of having packages left right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant concern, but you have the chance to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are effective tools to combat porch pirates, but they do so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why they’re sure to become an essential part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Denver video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to customize detection zones, talk to whoever’s at your door, and get immediate alerts whenever a package is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Denver video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous perks it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution footage at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will give you exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can receive instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You could even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will help you cut down on false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access current and archived video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may access them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.