Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Denver smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Denver home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Denver help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- Review current or saved footage from all connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Denver by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Denver
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, tap phone or email and enter the details to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Denver security system. Dial (720) 807-3060 to get started.